In Java Util Tutorial you will learn how to effectively use utility classes from Java API to be even more productive!
Java Util Base64
Java Util Calendar
- Java Calendar
Shows how to properly create Calendar instances also with Java 8 builder.
Java Util Console
- Java Console read password
Find out how to read password from Java Console in a secure way!
Java Util Currency
- Java Util Currency
How to work with currencies in Java.
Java Util Formattable
- Java Formattable example
Shows how to print Java objects using custom format.
Java Util List
- Java List types and their methods
Learn this fundamental data structure!
Java Util Locale
Java Util Optional
Java Util Map
- Java Util Map.compute(Key, BiFunction)
How to compute a new value for the key using given BiFunction (new in Java 8).
- Java Util Map computeIfAbsent(key,Function)
How to compute a new value only when there wasn’t any (new in Java 8).
- Java Util Map computeIfPresent(Key,BiFunction)
How to compute a new value only when there was one before (new in Java 8).
- Java Util Map forEach(BiConsumer)
How to perform given action for each entry of the map (new in Java 8).
- Java Util Map getOrDefault
How to return mapped value or default if not found (new in Java 8).
- Java Util Map merge(key, value, BiFunction)
How to update mapping using given BiFunction (new in Java 8).
- Java Util Map.putIfAbsent(key, value)
How to add to map only when it doesn’t contain given mapping (new in Java 8).
- Java Util Map remove(key, value)
How to conditionally remove entry for the key (new in Java 8).
- Java Util Map replace(key, value)
How to replace existing value in the map (new in Java 8).
- Java Util Map replace(key, oldValue, newValue)
How to replace mappings conditionally.
- Java Util Map replaceAll(BiFunction)
How to replace all mappings with result of application of BiFunction.
Java Util Properties
- Java list Properties
Shows how to list Properties into PrintWriter or PrintStream.
- Java Properties load
Shows how to load Properties from InputStream.
- Java Properties load from XML
Shows how to load Properties from an XML.
- Java Properties store
Shows how to store Java Properties into OutputStream.
- Java Properties store as XML
Did you know that Java Properties can be stored as XML? Here’s how.
Java Util Regular Expressions
- Java 8 named capturing groups
Learn how to use named capturing groups in your regexps to make them more readable.
Java Util ResourceBundle
- Java ResourceBundle – internationalized program
How to implement internationalized dictionary using ResourceBundle.
- Java programmatic ResourceBundle – dynamic translations
How to use ResourceBundles to provide translations dynamically.
- Java ListResourceBundle example
How to use ListResourceBundle to simplify ResourceBundle implementation.
Java Util Scanner
- Java Scanner from String, File/Path, InputStream
How to read data from different input sources.
Java Util Zip
- Java zip file
Shows how to zip/unzip files.